Our 2019 Committee
Toys for Pittsburgh Tikes has a dedicated committee working throughout the year to advance and enhance our fundraising and toy collecting efforts. Their ambitious goals include collecting more toys for needy Pittsburgh area girls and boys than ever before!
- President: Javid Shojaie of Jaden’s Catering.
- Vice President: David Rancatore of Minuteman Press.
- Treasurer: Joel Davis of Davis, Davis & Associates.
- Secretary: Kathy Schultheis of Ciarletta’s Confections.
- Coordinator: Michele Monstrola of Petal A Memory.
- Coordinator: Deanna Seruga of Concrete 25.
- Communications: Kathy Schultheis of Ciarletta’s Confections
- Distribution: Deanna Seruga of Concrete 25
- Distribution: Lisa Ives of Ives Eyecare
- Distribution: Kim Mazel of Mazel Media
- Maintenance: Cliff Henderson of Henderson Construction
- Marketing: David Rancatore of Minuteman Press.
- Marketing: Valerie Pferdehirt of Steel City Media.
- Special Task Coordinator: Cathy Griffith of Town Vision Digital
- Trustee: Greg Feorene of Elite Coach Transportation, Inc.
- Volunteer Staffing & Coordinator: Michele Monstrola of Petal A Memory.
- Webmaster: Scot Noel of Chroma Studios
You can help too. Donate Today! Online donations are now accepted all year round. You don’t have to wait for Christmas to help Toys for Pittsburgh Tikes this year!
Toys for Pittsburgh Tikes Press Release
More Than 65 Pittsburgh-Area Businesses Are Joining Forces To Raise Money & Collect Toys For
“Toys For Pittsburgh Tikes”
Will You Join Our Efforts To Help Kids In Need?
In 2018, The Greater Pittsburgh Business Connection Raised Over $50,000 And Donated More Than 150,000 Toys To Pittsburgh Area Families In Need Through This Program. Together, we can do more!
For children of all ages, very few feelings match the excitement of opening presents Christmas morning. Often overlooked, however, are the children who won’t receive gifts this Christmas. Victims of unfair circumstances beyond their control, these kids deserve to experience the same level of excitement as their more fortunate peers. Many of these children live within the very own community in which you live and/or do business. Thanks to the Greater Pittsburgh Business Connection and its small business members, thousands of less fortunate local children have received gifts during the holiday season over the past several years as a result of the efforts of Toys For Pittsburgh Tikes.
Toys for Pittsburgh Tikes was created by the Greater Pittsburgh Business Connection, or GPBC, a networking group consisting of more than 65 local businesses who exchange referrals and work together to help improve the local Pittsburgh-area communities in which they do business. The GPBC holds its weekly meetings every Wednesday morning at Jaden’s Catering in Monroeville.
Each year since its inception, GPBC has raised more money and toys than the year prior, and it hopes to keep up that trend for 2019 by expanding its reach and by actively seeking monetary and toy donations throughout the year. This is where you come in!
We are asking for your help by allowing us to place a toy collection box or cash collection box—or both—inside your business for employees and customers to donate to this amazing cause this season. Members of the GBPC will collect the toys and cash donations from your business by December 9th, 2019.
Once all donations are received and all toys have been purchased, Toys For Pittsburgh Tikes will deliver the toys to the following groups before the holiday season: Children’s Hospital, several Pittsburgh-area police departments, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Western PA, Pittsburgh Police Athletic League, many local churches and municipalities, and Beverly’s Birthdays (specializing in hosting birthday parties for kids who’ve never had birthday celebrations before), among others. These groups will then distribute the toys to families in need within their given reach or community around Christmas or at several special events that they may hold throughout the year.
For more information on Toys For Pittsburgh Tikes, please contact Javid Shojaie at 412-373-8575 or visit www.ToysForPittsburghTikes.com.
Download this press release as a PDF – Toys for Pittsburgh Tikes Press Release.